Poised above coastal bluffs with panoramic ocean views, Los Angeles’ Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel, sets the scene for a memorable summer vacation with four graciously-appointed swimming pools, eight exceptional culinary experiences, an award-winning oceanfront spa, children’s adventure camps and more. Below is a sampling of coastal cuisine, musical celebrations, rejuvenating wellness gatherings and outdoor excursions for guests to enjoy this summer at Terranea.
· Adventure Within Reach – Guests staying three nights or more can choose two complimentary adventure activities such as kayaking, falconry, nature hike, golf lesson and more. Valid for travel through August 30, 2016 using promo code: REACH.
· Sunday Funday – Extend the weekend and lounge by Terranea’s new Vista Pool while sipping champagne and watching the sunset, or bring a blanket and book to the beach cove before hitting happy hour. Available on guestrooms and bungalows, this offer includes food and beverage vouchers to redeem throughout the resort. Valid for travel through August 30, 2016 using promo code: FUNDAY.
· Stay More, Save More – Linger longer and save 30% on guestrooms, suites, bungalows and casitas. Valid for stays of seven nights or more through December 30, 2016 using promo code: SAVE30.
· Christmas in July – For the gift that keeps giving, book a Terranea holiday vacation in July. Save 25% on 2-night stays, 30% on 3-night stays, 40% on 4-night stays and 50% on 5-night stays from November 18-29 and December 16-30, 2016. Book from July 1–30, 2016 using promo code: SANTA16.
Sounds of Summer
· Music on the Meadows – Tune-in to Terranea’s 3rd annual Music on the Meadows on Saturday, June 18, for an afternoon filled with musical performances by Colin Hay (of Men at Work), Kate Voegele, The Walcotts and Barley.
· Summer Sunset Celebration – Enjoy live music from the South Bay at this annual summer celebration at Nelson’s Sunset Bluff. Culinary creations from Terranea and brews from select beer partners will be served throughout the event. Saturdays and select Fridays, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. through Labor Day.
· Summer Sips & Sounds – Bask in the sun and with a drink in-hand while listening to the sounds of a live tropical lounge band at cielo point. Saturdays and Sundays, June 4 through September 4.
Savoring the Season
· Library Wine Dinners – Sip on rare vintage wines and savor a five-course tasting menu during an intimate dinner series at Terranea’s signature restaurant, mar’sel. Chef de Cuisine Andrew Vaughan and team source ingredients from the Pacific and Terranea’s garden for a true Farm-to-Terranea experience on July 28 and September 15.
· Chef’s Table Dinner Series – Experience a seasonally themed Farm-to-Terranea menu created by Executive Chef Bernard Ibarra and Terranea’s award-winning culinary team, featuring locally grown ingredients and a select wine partner. Ideal for extending the celebrations, a complimentary room is available for the evening with the purchase of two tickets, available June 30 and August 25.
· Friday Night Seafood Buffet – Indulge in the freshest seafood offerings and a full buffet of savory entrees. Made-to-order hand rolls prepared by a sushi chef, a choice of King or Snow Crab and a dessert bar highlight this weekly event at catalina kitchen.
For the Yogi – Say “Namaste” under the summer night sky. Full Moon Yoga gatherings will be held June 20, July 19 and August 18 at 8 p.m. and on Sept 16 at 7 p.m. On September 18, join Terranea’s annual outdoor Seaside Yoga Gathering on the Palos Verdes Lawn with spectacular sunset views, a wellness marketplace, tips from fitness experts and more.
For the Golf Enthusiast – Golfers of all ages and skill levels can tee-up at The Links at Terranea. Golf camps and tournaments are offered throughout the summer, including the 5th Annual Team Golf Championship on June 20 featuring a $1,000,000 hole-in-one challenge, lunch and live music.
Family Summer Fun
Terranea offers ocean, sun and fun for families through a variety of summer camps for children.
· Summer Camp – Enjoy a traditional summer camp with live bird and reptile shows, science experiments, arts and crafts, and play time at the resort pool. Available to children ages 5-12. Available August 15-19; August 22-26
· Putt & Plunge – Summer camp meets junior golf with fun activities and lessons for campers ages 8-12. Enjoy hiking, swimming, and arts and crafts, followed by an educational and fun round of golf. Available June 13-17; August 8-12
· Active Adventure – Spend summer days outdoors experiencing new activities, sports and adventure. Children ages 11-16 will enjoy stand up paddle boarding, tide pooling, hiking, surfing and more. Available June 27-July 1; August 1-5
· Art Camp – Spend a week sparking creativity with Art to Grown On, and learn about various art styles. Available July 11-15
· Iron Chef Camp – Campers ages 7-16 will learn how to cook and set tables, and explore the resort’s garden, farm, sea salt conservatory, bee hives and kitchens. Available July 25-29
· Father’s Day – Celebrate Dad all weekend long with a Champagne Brunch at mar’sel, live music and brews at Nelson’s, and a unique a la carte dinner menu featuring contemporary Asian dishes at bashi. Shop for last-minute gifts at marea or pointe discovery, or craft a handmade gift at The Tide Pool Kids Club.
· Independence Day – Kick-off the patriotic holiday with a classic Smoke House BBQ at catalina kitchen. In the evening, unwind at mar’sel with live music, sparkling wine and sweeping ocean views while dining on fried chicken and caviar.
· Labor Day – Mark the final days of the season on the Cielo Lawn with activities for the whole family to enjoy. Indulge in American picnic traditions from hot dogs and snow cones to outdoor games and s’mores. A Labor Day brunch buffet and mimosas at catalina kitchen provides the perfect farewell to summer.
· Make a Splash – Terranea’s Resort Pool is the place to be for families, offering dive-in movies on select dates and Friday family fun nights with s’mores under the stars.
· Find your Zen – Find balance with seaside yoga, quiet the mind with mid-week meditation, and enjoy incredible views with seaside cycling, all available to guests through The Spa at Terranea.
· See the Sea – Cruise around the peninsula with a guided coastal bike ride to Lunada Bay, explore the flora and fauna and celebrate the natural habitat during a guided nature hike, or choose from a variety of Lexus sedans, SUVs and hybrids to test drive along the coast.
Terranea offers an array of complimentary activities to maximize celebrations year-round including a daily sunset ritual, monthly ONEHOPE Wine tastings, meet-and-greet opportunities with the resort’s Falconer, Q&A sessions with the golf professionals at The Links and more. For more information about summer happenings, visit Terranea’s Adventure Concierge while at the resort, online at terranea.com or call 866-802-8000.
Image Credits: Photo from www.terranea.com.