Timbers Kiawah Ocean Club & Residences is the first and only residence club on Kiawah Island, South Carolina. J. Banks Design Group worked with development to design the 21 three-bedroom residences and four-bedroom penthouse homes plus the clubhouse, pool, and restaurant. The goal was to create spaces with relaxation and family time in mind while providing the ideal setting for generations to gather and build memories.
“The design team drew inspiration from the sand, water, and other elements found in the expansive views surrounding Timbers Kiawah. The color palettes and the use of local materials reflect the textures and colors of the views, creating a sense of place that is quintessentially South Carolina Lowcountry.”–Joni Vanderslice, President, J. Banks Design Group
During the conceptual stages of design and throughout construction, it was critical to connect the exterior with the interiors, blurring the line between indoors and the surrounding views. This four-bedroom penthouse has over 1,600 square feet of outdoor living space, floor-to-ceiling windows, and sliding glass walls for enhanced and seamless indoor/outdoor living. Inspired by the views—a combination of sun, sand, and sea—the light, breezy spaces instantly make you feel like you’re on vacation.
Photo Call Outs:
1. Custom Rug, Holland & Sherry, interiors.hollandandsherry.com
2. Console Table, J. Banks Collection for Abner Henry, jbanksdesign.com
3. Armchairs, J. Banks Collection for Stanford Furniture, Kravet Fabric, kravet.com
4. Artwork, Adrian Chu Redmond, A Private Journey, adrianchuredmond.com
5. Draperies, Schumacher, fschumacher.com
6. Outdoor Furniture, Janus et Cie, janusetcie.com