Banyan Tree Group, an international operator and developer of premium resorts, hotels, residences, and spas, recently announced its continuing global expansion with the successful signing of 27 hotel agreements for its four brands. These are in addition to the current 49 hotels in operation and seven new hotels slated to open in 2019.
The projects comprise five Banyan Tree, 10 Angsana, two Cassia, and nine Dhawa hotels and resorts. They encompass 17 projects in Greater China and the rest in Oceania (Fiji and Palau), ASEAN (Cambodia, Indonesia, and Vietnam), and Europe (Austria and Spain). These are expected to become operational over the next three years.
The 27 new hotel agreements also exclude projects under negotiation and introduced by its new partners, the French hotel group Accor and the Chinese property developer Vanke, which became minority investors of Banyan Tree Holdings as well as strategic partners, around a year ago. Approximately a dozen projects initiated through the Vanke and Accor partnerships are in active negotiations.
Inspired by the romance of travel, Banyan Tree will continue to increase its global presence and foray into unique exotic destinations across the Europe, Asia-Pacific, Oceania and other regions. Rooted in its corporate ethos of “Embracing the Environment, Empowering People” since its inception in 1994, Banyan Tree’s sustainability approach emphasizes on building in harmony with nature and contributing to the progressive growth and development of the community where each of its hotels is planted.
Mr Ho Kwon Ping, Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree, said: “Our strong momentum in business development and securing hotel management agreements on our own this year will accelerate Banyan Tree Group’s speed and scope of expansion to grow our brands around the world. We are excited and committed to propel our brands rapidly to global reach and range while strengthening our ability to embrace change and innovation in the ever-evolving hospitality industry. With our Banyan Tree Group growing from strength to strength and celebrating the 25th Anniversary in 2019, we look forward to greater growth to come.”
- Angsana Grossgmain Salzburg & Angsana Residences Grossgmain Salzburg, Austria (2021)
- Angsana Yasawa, Fiji
- Dhawa Tenerife in Canary Island, Spain
- Angsana Siem Reap, Cambodia (Q4 2019)
- Dhawa Ho Tram, Vietnam
- Angsana Ho Tram & Angsana Residences Ho Tram, Vietnam
- Angsana Quan Lan Island & Angsana Residences Quan Lan Island, Vietnam
- Banyan Tree Palau & Banyan Tree Residences Palau
- Banyan Tree Nipah Beach Lombok, Indonesia
- Banyan Tree Kyoto, Japan
- Dhawa Anshun, Guizhou
- Dhawa Chengde, Hebei
- Cassia Wuning, Jiangxi
- Banyan Tree Baidaihe, Hebei
- Angsana Baidaihe, Hebei
- Cassia Baidaihe, Hebei
- Dhawa Baidaihe, Hebei
- Banyan Tree Weining Lake, Guizhou
- Angsana Weining Lake, Guizhou
- Dhawa Weining Lake, Guizhou
- Angsana Hot Spring Resort Longli, Guiyang
- Dhawa Weizhou Island Beihai, Guangxi
- Banyan Tree Quzhou, Zhejiang
- Angsana Quzhou, Zhejiang
- Dhawa Quzhou, Zhejiang
- Hengqin Wellness Resort, Zhuhai Managed by Angsana
- Dhawa Anping, Tainan
- Dhawa Anping, Tainan
For more information, visit banyantree.com/en.