Punta Mita, a sought-after resort development for visitors or second home buyers on the most beautiful beaches in Riviera Nayarit, began 20 years ago when DINE, Mexico’s premiere real estate developer, created the luxury, gated, 1,500-acre resort community. That year, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita opened its doors, and a master plan was launched to be the future home to five total hotels and a variety of residential communities. Today there are 17 communities including high-end condominiums and spectacular custom homes, which accompany the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort which opened in 2009. Punta Mita continues to expand its real estate portfolio with the new Tau Residences and Iyari Villas.
The Celebrations: A Weekend of Commemorative Experiences
Kicking off the 20th Anniversary celebration on December 6, Punta Mita will host a weekend of commemorative experiences. Publisher Assouline has curated a coffee table book called “Punta Mita,” highlighting the destination’s culturally-rich history and colorful imagery. Mexican designers Raquel Orozco, Lynda Lavin, Vanessa Guckel, and American Designer Anine Bing will introduce 20-Year Anniversary Collections in a fashion show inspired by Punta Mita. An art show will feature emerging local Mexican artists. Tequila Patron will toast the celebration with a special Barrel Select limited-edition tequila. Winery Monte Xanic and Mezcal Viejo Indecente will offer special commemorative blends. Golfers will compete in the 20th Anniversary Punta Mita Golf Cup, followed by lunch and awards.
The weekend concludes with the 8th edition of the Flavors of Punta Mita event at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, raising funds for two local charities, Peace and Fundación Punta de Mita. Chefs of Punta Mita and local Punta de Mita restaurants will present their most emblematic and celebrated dishes.
Adding to the 20th Anniversary celebration are:
- Punta Mita Golf Club’s driving range has been re-designed to provide the ultimate practice facility experience. With the Punta Mita Golf Academy Complex, it takes the golf experience to the next level!
- The 9th Annual Punta Mita Gourmet and Golf event is November 14-17 with a salute to traditional Mexican Cuisine.
- New beach club “El Surf Club Punta Mita” will open in December on the best surfing beach in the area, bring the total to five beach clubs!
- Brand new Punta Mita Dive Center will provide both diving expeditions and scuba certification programs, with PADI-certified expert divers to offer a memorable and safe scuba diving experience.
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort just celebrated its 10th Anniversary with a resort-wide refresh.
Follow the 20th Anniversary celebrations using #puntamita20 and #vivapuntamita to join the fiesta!