Given all the time we spend indoors during the winter, a visual reminder of the warmer months can be cheering. There’s something about the light, airy structure of bamboo blinds that seems to do the trick. Bamboo can bring a warm, organic feel into your rooms, and bamboo blinds work well with a range of decor styles. Here are a few examples for inspiration as you dream of warmer times to come.
Bamboo Blinds 1: DANE AUSTIN DESIGN, original photo on Houzz
1. Bohemian porch. The mixed patterns of the rug, curtains, tablecloth and garden stool pair with brightly colored chairs and string lights to create a bohemian feel on this upper-floor balcony. The bamboo blinds help the space feel more private and enclosed while still offering a view through their open weave.
Bamboo Blinds 2: Ashley Camper Photography, original photo on Houzz
2. Surf shack. Nature is the star of this outdoor room in a Hawaii surf shack, where the palette of mostly wood tones appears designed to let the foliage take center stage. The bamboo blinds here offer a bit of protection from the blinding sun.
Bamboo Blinds 3: Panageries, original photo on Houzz
3. Lake house. The enclosed porch of this lake house features a muted palette with pops of teal. Here, the bamboo blinds look refined and elegant against the darker wooden ceiling.
Bamboo Blinds 4: Adeeni Design Group, original photo on Houzz
4. Sweet sun room. A burst of cheery orange, red and yellow sets a warm mood in the sunroom of this 1930s English Tudor cottage in California. The bamboo blinds are cheeky, with spots reminiscent of leopard print.
Bamboo Blinds 5: Elizabeth Reich, original photo on Houzz
5. East Coast sun. Pale lavender walls and navy furniture set a cooler tone for this Arlington, Virginia, sunroom. But the bamboo blinds — as well as the thick gold frame on the artwork — warm the space up.
Bamboo Blinds 6: Hoedemaker Pfeiffer, original photo on Houzz
6. Coastal views. There’s not a lot that needs to be added to this magnificent view, and the decorator of this Seattle sitting area kept the colors neutral so the outdoor scene could pop. Bamboo blinds lend a natural feel that blends right into the vista without being obtrusive.