Bequia Beach Hotel, a family-owned luxury hotel on the idyllic island of Bequia in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, will reopen on October 1 following a temporary closure as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This nostalgic yet modern Caribbean hideaway is ideal for guests searching for a low density and remote island journey with the unveiling of two new private villa accommodations. Known to some as the Caribbean’s best-kept secret, Bequia is just seven square miles with about 5,000 residents. There are no traffic lights, no neon signs, no chain hotels or restaurants, no golf course and no gated communities. Discerning travelers can enjoy this laid-back escape to disconnect and discover the true Caribbean, reminiscent of nostalgic years gone by.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming new and loyal guests back for a taste of Bequia’s barefoot lifestyle,“ said Bengt Mortstedt, owner of Bequia Beach Hotel. “With our brand new villas, Bequia Air jet access, and Star of the Sea yacht, guests can discover their very own private, open-air oasis here on Bequia.”
Friendship Bay Estate Villas
Friendship Bay Estate is a collection of luxury villas opening in stages beginning November 1, 2020. These exclusive new private homes overlook a spectacular crescent-shaped beach fringed by tropical palms, lapped by extraordinary blue seas with exquisite views of the island of Mustique.
Situated on the hillside, Villa One is only a short walk from the beach and benefits from stunning views over Mustique and the Grenadines and the cool sea breezes. Approximately 7,000 square feet, this 5-suite villa sleeps 10 guests, includes a separate two-bedroom apartment, large kitchen with herb garden, outdoor dining area, private pool, office and media room, private gym, and much more. Daily breakfast and private butler service included, along with a private car transport throughout. Prices start at $3,200 per night beginning November 1 with a 5-night minimum booking.
Villa Two features a luxurious master bedroom on its own floor with a private outdoor bath and sun terrace including a picturesque pool surrounded by lush gardens. This 5,500-square-foot villa is complete with 4 rooms for up to 8 guests, a separate one-bedroom apartment, private pool, office and media room, parking garage and private gym. Daily breakfast and private butler service are also included, along with a private car transport throughout. Prices start at $2,500 per night beginning November 1 with a 5-night minimum booking.
Bequia Air and Star of the Sea
The trip to Bequia is an adventure in and of itself, as travelers journey via flight from Barbados or St. Lucia, and then an inter-island hopper flight on the resort’s very own private aircraft, Bequia Air, to beautiful Bequia. This VIP transfer service aboard Bequia Air’s dedicated 9-seat Beechcraft King Air B200 offers a stylish and seamless alternative to inter-island hopper flights, and direct transport from Barbados to Bequia. Available exclusively to guests of Bequia Beach Hotel, the VIP Transfer package reduces flight times and includes meet and greet services and ground transfers to ensure superior comfort and speed.
Discerning travelers who wish to explore the island’s blue turquoise waters, pristine sandy beaches, and magnificent natural harbors can take a cruise on the resort’s renowned Star of the Sea private yacht. Step aboard this classic 35-meter Italian-built Benetti for a sunset sail, short cruise to chic Mustique, golf in Canouan, or explore the stunning Tobago Cays on a 3-day luxury Grenadine journey.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Bequia Beach Hotel has implemented an all-encompassing health and cleanliness plan to ensure thorough cleaning and social distancing measures.
General Property Information:
- Beach seating will be configured to allow for social distancing between groups of guests, with groups limited in size. Beach furniture will be sanitized at least 5 times per day.
- Arrivals will be spaced out to allow for individual guest check in so that 2 meter social distancing can be followed.
- We will encourage one family/couple to use the elevator at any given time.
- Whenever possible, hotel rooms and suites will be left empty for 24 hours between check out and check in, providing added assurance for guests.
The property’s expanded culinary offerings will set the stage for diverse, inventive and safe dining experiences throughout your stay
- In each of the hotel’s restaurants, tables will be placed six feet apart and menus will be disinfected between guests.
- Enhanced food and beverage safety guidelines will be implemented.
- In-room dining menus will be offered and private chefs can be arranged at an additional cost or on request in the villas.
Fitness & Spa:
- Associates and therapists will wear masks, and will change apparel after each guest treatment and handwashing breaks will be implemented.
- There will be increased time between spa treatments to allow for in-depth sanitizing; Each area will be deep-cleaned frequently; and social distancing will be observed.
- The team will also be unveiling a new exciting menu of treatments, many making use of an alfresco setting.
The hotel has a relaxed cancellation policy during this uncertain time to make any future or existing bookings as flexible as possible. Up until December 19, Bequia Beach Hotel will offer a full refund of any deposits paid. Written notification is required 7 days prior. Guest can also choose to transfer their deposit to another date.
Starting rate upon reopening is $300 for two people per night including full breakfast upon reopening. For more information, visit bequiabeachhotel.com or call reservations at 1-784-458-1700.